Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My artist statement continued



I have many heros that have influenced my art work through the years. My momfor oneis very supportive of my art work. She may not like what I draw because some of it is so dark, but she is supportive of my dreams to be an art teacher. My dad was another. When I was little I really wasn't into art, but since he has died it has made me want to become someone he could be proud of, and I know he is looking down on me from heaven and he is smiling. Next would be my cousin Jonathan. After he died I got an idea for a painting in his memory, and I have posted a picture of it on here. He was a very supportive cousin, and I loved him to death. Next would be the Manga artists. If it wasn't for manga art I probably wouldn't like to draw people. As you can see by some of my work I have posted, I am a manga people artist, and I enjoy it. Finally Salvador Dali would have to be my final one, his art work is so amazing and creepy I LOVE IT! It inspires me and fills my head with ideas that I would love to draw/paint one day. Here is a painting of his called: "The Persistance of Memory".


No comments:

Post a Comment